our next event
June 25, 2020 from 1-2 pm EST
Hosted by the Center for American Progress.
Whether through illegal channels or through legal exports, the flow of U.S. guns has an impact on security and stability in Mexico and Central American countries. Often under-examined is how these weapons affect violence against women. In this webinar, experts will discuss how women in these countries face unique risks and challenges related to gun violence while also identifying policies and actions to address them.
- Rukmani Bhatia (Moderator), Center for American Progress
- Giada Greco, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Estefanía Vela Barba, Intersecta, Organización para la Igualdad A.C.
- Ana Yancy Espinoza, Fundación Arias para la Paz y el Progreso Humano
- Cecilia Farfán-Méndez, Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies
Presentations will be in English with simultaneous translation in Spanish.